Smoked Salmon Appetizer



Smoked Salmon (I bought mine at Costco in the deli section)
Hard Boiled Eggs
Red Onion, Chopped
Capers
Creme Fresh
Toast Points* or crackers

While in Spokane, Washington, my husband and I visited Churchill's Steak House. We ordered the Smoked Salmon appetizer and immediately became enamored with it. I came home and decided I needed to try and replicate it. After serving this at a family function on Christmas Eve, I decided to post it so you could try it as well.

The ingredients are simple and there is nothing special about any of this. I thought I would share just a few tips I've learned along the way.

When boiling your eggs, put the eggs in a pot of water. Put the pot on the stove and bring to a boil. At this point, put the lid on your pan and take it off the heat. Set the timer for 10-15 minutes. After the timer rings, drain off the hot water and then add very cold water (I add ice cubes) to your pot of eggs. Let them rest for another 10 minutes and then peel. You will find you have perfect boiled eggs if you follow this recipe.

You can use sour cream instead of creme fresh, but I like the consistency of creme fresh with this appetizer. It is runnier and tends to spread easier. I had to hunt for it, but you can usually find it in the meat section of any grocery store by the Hispanic meats.

*Toast Points are pieces of bread that have the crust cut off and are cut in triangular pieces. I cut off the crusts and then smashed the bread with a rolling pin before cutting it into fourths on the angle. I then toasted them in the oven at 350 for 10-15 minutes until the corners began to brown. You can try brushing them with butter if you would like.

You eat it by placing a piece of salmon on your bread (I cut the salmon up so it was in cracker size pieces). Then place a little creme fresh on the salmon and top it with your favorite topping whether it be the hard boiled eggs, onions or capers. I like all three on mine. So fabulous! I cannot even tell you how great this tastes. Try something a little gourmet the next time you entertain.