Salsa




I love a good salsa. This recipe is one I got from a friend when I lived in Arizona. It never fails me at parties or family gatherings. It simply disappears.



Who doesn't like a nice homemade salsa with a little kick? I find I never have left overs of this recipe. Everyone eats it with chips, on burritos, on nachos and quesadillas.

2 cans tomatoes, diced
3 or 4 green onions, chopped
2 Serrano Chilies, seeded, chopped
1/4 tsp. oregano
1 garlic clove, minced
2 Jalapeno chilies, seeded and chopped

Blend all ingredients in a blender. Stir in the following

2 Large ripe tomatoes or
4 Small Roma tomatoes (That is the type I usually buy)
1/2 bunch of chopped cilantro


This makes about 3-4 cups, depending on how big your tomatoes are. I found Roma tomatoes years ago and rarely if never buy big round ones anymore. I love the sweet flavor of the Roma. Besides the flavor, I love how easy they are to slice. I slice off the tops and the cut them in half, then I slice each half in 1/4 slices and then cut the opposite way to make perfectly sized cubes of tomatoes, perfect for chunky salsa.


Make sure you wash your hands very well after handly the peppers. I always forget and then I touch my eyes and YEOW, that hurts.