Minestrone Soup


















1 lb. Hamburger
1 Onion
1 28 oz. can Tomatoes
1 16 oz. can Tomato Sauce
2 Carrots
1 Qt. Beef Broth
1 Tbsp. Parsley
1 Tsp. Oregano
1 Tsp. Basil
1 can Green Beans
1 Can Garbanzo Beans
1 can Kidney Beans
1 C. Pasta**


Chop onion and add to hamburger while browning. Add beef broth*, tomatoes, tomato sauce and spices. Peel and slice carrots and put in soup. Let this simmer for one hour or more and then add green, garbanzo and kidney beans. Add all the juices from the cans as well. Add pasta and cook until it is done. This makes about 5 quarts so use a big pan.

*Some of you know how I feel about broths you buy already in a can. I think these are way tooexpensive. I always use bouillon cubes and add 1 cup of water for each cube to make any broth I use. I buy the big containers of chicken bouillon at Costco and use that exclusively for my chicken broth.

I have one friend you is a wonderful cook. She absolutely believes in Swanson's chicken broth. You be the critic and let me know what you think.

** I buy the Salad Macaroni at Macey's Grocery Store. It is a Western Family brand. I have looked for this pasta in other stores and not been able to find it. It is a short tube of pasta. I like the way it cooks up and looks in the soup.