Dry Ranch Dressing Mix

I love a certain brand of dry Ranch Dressing Mix, but I find it very expensive.  I have been searching for a recipe that I can make and store.  I found one and have tweaked it to my taste. I use a ton of this kind of Salad Dressing in my business and I use it in other recipes like a flank steak marinade that I have included below.  Try it and let me know what you think.  It makes a about 2 cups of dry mix and you only use 1 Tbsp. for each 2 cup dressing recipe, so you will have a lot of it.


Dry Ranch Salad Dressing


1 C. Dry minced Parsley Flakes
1 C. Dry Onions, minced
2 Tbsp. Dillweed
2 Tbsp Onion Salt
2 Tbsp. Season Salt
1/4 C. Garlic Salt
1/4 C. Onion Powder
1/4 C. Garlic Powder
2 Tbsp. Chives
2 Tbsp. Celery Salt
15 Saltine Crackers


Blend crackers in blender until powdery.  Add parsley flakes, onions and dillweed.  Blend.  Put in a bowl and stir in the rest of the ingredients.


Have you ever noticed when you make salad dressing from a dry mix, it is so runny.  You put it in the refrigerator and then an hour later, it is thick.  I figured it out!  It is the saltine crackers.  They do the same thing for hot chili!  You put in the saltine crackers and soon it is thick.


Salad Dressing:


1 C. Buttermilk
1 C. Mayonaise
1 Tbsp. Dressing Mix


Flank Steak Marinade

2 Tbsp. Dry Ranch Mix
1 Tsp. Cumin
1/2 Tsp. Black Pepper
1/2 C. Vegetable Oil
1/2 C. Lime Juice
2 lb. Flank Steak

Mix dressing, cumin, pepper and whisk into oil and lime juice. Place flank steak in a container and pour on marinade. Let sit as long as you like, covered in the refrigerator. I like to let it sit overnight. Place flank steak on grill and cook each side for 5-6 minutes. Let steak rest for 5 minutes and then slice across the grain. It makes great fajita meat or eat it plain.