BBQ Pork on a Baked Potato

BBQ pork on a baked potato is a dish that calls to me. I like it because I can put the ribs in the crock pot in the morning. Then, I can put the potatoes in the oven and set the timer so when I walk in at 5:30, my house is smelling GOOD! 



This is a favorite for me. A large baked potato with a big scoop of BBQ pork with a dollop of sour cream and shredded cheese.


BBQ Pork


5-6 pounds of country style ribs

BBQ Sauce

1 18 oz. Bottle BBQ sauce (any kind will do, Cattlemen's is a favorite of mine)
1 C. Brown Sugar
1 C. Ketchup
4 Tbsp. Molasses



Place these ribs in your crock pot and bake on high for seven hours.  When they have cooked for five hours, drain off all the grease, mix the sauce ingredients together and pour over the ribs.  Let simmer for one hour.  Shred with two forks or serve in whole pieces.  Put your potatoes in the oven two hours before your meat is done. 


Baked Potatoes

10 Good sized Baking Potatoes

Spread a very thin layer of shortening on the outside of your potatoes with your hands. Just rub it on like you are putting on lotion. Roll each potato in a bowl of salt. Wrap each potato in a square sheet of tin foil and then bake at 500 degrees for 1 1/2 hours.

If you like eating potato skins like I do, you will know after you eat them, why I go to all the trouble to make them so delectable!

Serve with Sour Cream and Shredded Cheese