Marley's Pancakes and White Syrup

 
Blueberry, Banana and Pecan Pancakes
(with White Syrup )
One morning after playing tennis with some of my dearest friends, we headed over to the Riverwoods Shopping Center and ate breakfast at Marley's.  One of my friends ordered the pancakes above.  Really?  Blueberries and Bananas.  Yuck!  That did not sound appetizing to me at all.  I am always checking in and out of watching my weight.  This morning, I ordered a breakfast burrito trying to stay away from pancakes.  

My friend ordered seconds and became full.  The pancakes were just sitting there.  Before I knew it a fork had picked up a small stack and stuffed them into my mouth.  WOW!  That was a delicious combo.  I was surprised how many bites I took even after eating my burrito.  All I can say is, "So Good!"
I do have a favorite pancake recipe which I am including, but to be honest, I have been craving these pancakes some mornings and I just whipped out the Krustez bag and added these delectable ingredients.  They tasted just as good.  Of course, it is the Whipping Cream syrup that makes ALL the difference.

Pancakes
1 1/4 C. Flour
2 tsp. Baking Powder
1/2 tsp. Salt
2 Tbsp. Sugar
1 Egg
2 Tbsp. Oil
1 1/4 C. Milk
1/2 C Fresh Blueberries
1/2 C Fresh Bananas quartered and sliced
1/2 C Chopped Pecans

Mix dry ingredients and then add wet ingredients.  It doesn't really matter what the recipe says about how much milk or water, depending on what recipe you use, the consistency is what matters.  Pancake batter needs to be runny in order to have light, fluffy.  If your pancake batter looks like toothpaste, it is too thick!  Add some liquid.  You kind of want pancake batter to be the consistency of syrup, thick but runny!  When batter is the right consistency add berries, bananas and pecans.

I like my griddle on a medium heat.  I use a 1/4 C measuring cup to measure my pancakes, for me, that is the perfect size.  I measure every pancake I make.   Wait until bubbles form and pop before turning.  Keep them coming until all your batter is gone.  If you have never used fresh blueberries, they start to pop and bleed purple everywhere.  They are supposed to do that!
 

White Syrup

1 C. Butter
2 C. Sugar
1 C. Whipping Cream

Mix all ingredient together in a sauce pan.  Cook on high until it begins to boil. Cook for one minute stirring constantly.  What could be better than pouring liquid caramel all over a stack of flour with fruit and nuts in it?  YUM!