Sweet and Salty Cereal Mix

M&Ms, pretzels, Rice Chex Cereal and any other candy you love mixed up with butter, sugar and corn syrup makes the most delicious snack.

Chex Cereal Snack

3/4 C. Butter
1 C. Sugar
1 C. Light Corn Syrup

Put all ingredients in a pan and cook on the stove.  When the mixture comes to a boil, continue to cook at a boil for 1 minute.  Remove from heat and pour over 

2 C. pretzels
4 C. Rice Chex Cereal
1 C. M&Ms
1 C. Candy Corn

Once everything is coated, pour onto a large cookie sheet that has been sprayed with Pam.  Let cool and then enjoy!
 
I like to make this with 6 C. of Cereal (about 3/4 of a 16 oz. box).  Sometimes I add sliced almonds.

I often take this to Lake Powell.  Once a friend  on that trip said, 
"You know there is an addictive chemical in this.  I can't stop eating it!"     

Once the mixture has cooled, scoop it up and put in clear cellophane bags.  Tie up with a cute ribbon and give as gifts to teachers, neighbors or coworkers.
 
Use your imagination and add whatever you like!  I am really not that creative.  The a mixture pictured below was a copycat of a gift a friend gave me.  I thought it was so colorful, so I made it again.  This is a great way to get rid of your left over candy corn from Halloween.

Valentine's Day - Use red, pink and white candy corn and Valetine's M&Ms.
St. Patrick's Day - Green M&Ms, pretzels, peanuts and cereal.
Easter - Easter M&Ms or Cadbury mini chocolate eggs, chow mein and cereal.