Crockpot Sugared Pecans




Crockpot Sugared Pecans:

You will need:
16 ounces pecans or walnut halves
1/2 cup melted unsalted butter
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger

1. Turn slow cooker to HIGH about 15 minutes in advance. In hot slow cooker, stir together the nuts and butter.
2. Add the powdered sugar, stirring to blend and coat evenly. Cover and cook on HIGH for 15 minutes.  (I had to leave my crockpot on high the entire time) Reduce the heat to LOW and remove lid; cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for about 2 to 3 hours, or until the nuts are coated with a crisp glaze.
3. Transfer the nuts to a bowl.
4. In another small bowl, combine the spices; sift over the nuts, stirring to coat evenly. (I only like cinnamon on mine, so I did not use the cloves and ginger.  
This is my neice's recipe.  Her blog is Apron Appeal)

I did not think my nuts were as crisp as I wanted so, I put them on a cookie tray and put them in the oven at 400 for about 1/2 hour.