Pinenuts and Wild Rice

I was looking for a great rice recipe to go with the Chicken Piccata I was serving at a large church function when I came upon this great recipe in my church cookbook.  It happens to be the recipe of a very good friend.  She didn't know I had highjacked it until she showed up at the dinner and saw it on her plate.  My daughter thought this tasted a little weird, but I loved it.  I took the leftovers to school and let my fellow teachers try it.  It was a really big hit.  So, if you like fruity things and you like things with a nutty flavor, I think you will really like this.

Pinenuts and Wild Rice 

Making the following three rices was a little time consuming.  If I did it again, I would get the Harvest Blend from Costco and make that using 3 cups of rice and 6 cups of water.


7 C. Water
1 C. Wild Rice
1 C. Brown Rice
1 C. White Long Grain Rice
3/4 C. Craisins
4 Tbsp. Parsley, chopped
1/4 C. Olive Oil
2 Tbsp. Orange Juice
2 Tbsp. Orange Zest
1/2 C. Pinenuts, you can toast them if you like
Ground Pepper
Salt 
1/2 C. Parmesan Cheese

Put three cups of water in a saucepan and add the wild rice.  Put the lid, when at a boil turn down heat and cook for 40 - 60 minutes.  Put two cups of water in a saucepan and add brown rice.  Put the lid, when at a boil turn down heat and cook for 30 minutes.  Get 2 cups of water boiling and add white rice.  Put the lid, when at a boil turn down heat and cook for 20 minutes.

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
When rices are done put them together in a large bowl while hot and add the remaining ingredients, except the parmesan cheese.  Mix all together and put in a large casserole dish.  Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.  Sprinkle cheese on top and bake for another 5-10 minutes, just until cheese is melted and bubbly.  Serves 10-12 people.  So delicious!