Eclair Cake

My daughter, Cami, told me about this amazing desert she had eaten at a friend's house.  She said it had this yummy crust with pudding and then whipped cream, but the crust was different than anything she had eaten before.

I have told you before about my fetish for reading cookbooks.  I had come across something like this, but had not made it.  Time to try a new recipe.  LOVE IT!


 Eclair Cake

1 c. Water
1 c. margarine
1 c. flour
4 eggs
3 c. Cold Milk
1 3oz. pkg. Vanilla Instant Pudding
8 oz. Cream Cheese 
16 oz. Cool Whip
1/2 c. Chocolate Hershey's Syrup



Spray a jelly roll pan with cooking spray.  Boil together water and margarine.  Pour this into a blender and add the flour.  It is very thick.  Add an egg one at a time.  Pour the mixture into your greased pan and bake at 400 for 20-25 minutes until it looks golden brown.  Cool completely


While this is cooling, put milk, cream cheese and pudding mix into the blender and blend until smooth.  Pour over the cooled crust.  you might need to pat the crust down if it had some bubbles. Once the pudding is on, spread the cool whip over and then pour a crisscross  pattern over the top with the Hershey's Syrup.




I