Ham and Cheese Pillows


I am here to tell you, these are a big hit at my house. I know I am weird, but I really like reading cookbooks.  I have several, (ha, ha). I like read them when I feel like my cooking has become a little stale, I start looking for things I think my family would like.

This isn't a recipe I thought my family would like, but I did have some Swiss cheese and ham that needed to get used.  I made it and was delighted when everyone ate them all up.  BIG HIT!!!

Ham and Cheese Pillows 

1 Pkg. Rhodes Rolls or Bread Dough
1 lb. Ham Luncheon Meat
1 lb. Swiss Cheese
1/2 C. Mayonnaise
1 tsp. Mustard
1 Tbsp. dried onions
1 Tbsp. Parsley

I really like my roll recipe, so whenever I do project like this, I make a batch of rolls and make my own dinner rolls recipe.  Some people don't like making bread so I gave you the Rhodes Rolls option. 

Cut up the ham and shred the Swiss cheese.  Put in a bowl and add the mayonnaise, mustard, onions and parsley. Mix together until it looks a sandwich spread.

Flatten or roll out a roll into nice even circle.  Fill with a large spoonful of ham and cheese mixture. 

Seal the bottom up and place upside down on a greased cookie sheet to rise. 
I like to place a piece of saran wrap over the rising bread to keep them moist and soft.  Spray the plastic with Pam before putting it on the bread.



Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.  Once out of the oven for 10 minutes, brush with butter and serve.