Chicken Pililows

Chicken Pillows


These little dandies were very popular in the 1990s.  They were served often at bridal and baby showers.  I do not see them very often any more, but my daughter went to dinner the other night at friend's house and her mom served these.  She thought they were the best thing she has ever eaten.  This post is for my daughter!

These little dumplings are a little labor intensive, but I think you will find they are worth the time it takes to make them.  Maybe this why I only eat them at showers.  They are "company food".  I have always loved this saying.  When I asked a friend of mine for her chicken and rice recipe, I noticed it had 24 oz. of cream cheese in the list of ingredients.  I asked her if that was a mistake and she said, "No, it is company food!"  We are usually watching our calories unless company comes over.  Then we make whatever tastes good which usually means, the food has a few more calories in it.



























Chicken Pillows

1 - 8 oz. pkg. Cream Cheese
2 Cups Chicken, cooked, deboned and chopped
1 Tbsp. Dried Onions
2 - Pkgs. Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
1/2 Cup Butter, melted
2 Cups Bread Crumbs
2 Cans Cream of Chicken Soup, condensed

Soften cream cheese by beating in with a hand mixer.  Add dried onions and then chicken.  Mix by hand until all chicken, onions and cream cheese is incorporated.

Pop the container of crescent rolls and separate triangles.  Melt butter and place in a bowl and put bread crumbs in another bow.  Make an assembly line, and place a cookie sheet with edges at the end of the line.  

I use an ice cream scoop, as you can see in the pictures.  I place a ball of chicken mixture in the crescent roll and then roll up.  Make sure all sides are sealed.  When they cook, you want everything to stay inside.  Place chicken pillow in the butter then place in bread crumbs.  Place on the cookie sheet in a row and then columns.

Place in a 350 degree oven and cook until golden brown.  Usually  10 -14 minutes.  While the chicken is cooking, I like to warm up the chicken soup on the stove and add just a little bit of milk to make a gravy.  Pour over pillows and serve warm.