Brussel Sprouts

My mom was a great cook! We ate all kinds of foods and vegetables.  Of all the things she fixed, I never had Brussels sprouts.  One of my friends loves Brussels sprouts.  She told me how she makes them, I tried it and now I buy them and cook them probably every two weeks.


I did not know anything about making them nor how to prepare them.  Once she explained it, it seemed so easy.  It IS SO easy!!

Buy your Brussel sprouts.  Pour them out onto the cutting board.



Cut off the ends and cut them in half.  Do not discard the leaves that come off.  You want to cook them.  They are actually my favorite part.



Put them on a cookie sheet and pour olive oil over them.  Use your hands, or a spoon, and mix the oil all so it is on all the Brussel sprouts.  Then sprinkle heavily with salt and pepper.  Pop into a 350 degree oven and cook for about 30-40 minutes.  


           


Sometimes, I like to cook them for 40 minutes.  I like the burned single leaves and.  I like them right out of the oven.