Spinach Dip



It's party time and that means appetizers!  Spinach Dip is a crowd pleaser and wins every time.  To me, this is a classic!  I have been making this for 30+ years.  So easy and simple!  Four ingredients, 10 minutes, and this dip is made.  Good sourdough bread is the key ingredient in this appetizer.   You do not need to make it, go buy it!  Your friends and family will rave about this Spinach Dip.  




How to Make Spinach Dip

1.  Cook the spinach in a microwave safe bowl.  Microwave on high for 2 minutes.  Stir and then cook for another two minutes.  

2.  Drain the spinach and squeeze out all the water.  Spinach has a lot of water.  This recipe will not set up if you do not squeeze out the water.  I line a bowl with paper towels and pour the spinach in it.  I pick up the paper towels and squeeze.  The paper towel will rip at the bottom so be careful.  I did this four times before I felt I had sufficiently squeezed all the water out.  If you do not want to mess with the holes in the paper towels, use a dish towel.  Be careful, the green in the spinach might stain it.

3.  Open the Knorr Vegetable Soup mix and pour into another bowl.  

4.  Add the mayonnaise and sour cream.

5.  Add the drained spinach to this bowl and mix. 

6.  Cut up the sour dough bread into cubes.  You are ready to serve!



Let me know on Instagram or Pinterest if you make this.  

Post a picture and then tag me @dinasdiner.  I want to know how it turns out.


Spinach Dip

Printer Friendly Copy

1 10 oz. Package of Frozen Spinach
16 oz. Sour Cream
1 C. Mayonnaise
1 Package of Knorr Vegetable Recipe Mix
1 can Water Chestnuts (Optional)
1 bunch Green Onions (Optional)
1 Sourdough Loaf of Bread

1.  Cook the spinach in a microwave safe bowl.
2.  Drain the spinach and squeeze out all the water.
3.  Open the Knorr Vegetable Soup mix and pour into another bowl. 
4.  Add the mayonnaise and sour cream.
5.  Add the drained spinach to this bowl and mix. 
6.  Cut up the sour dough bread into cubes and serve.




I remembered this Spinach Dip from years ago while getting ready for parties this holiday season.  This was a favorite appetizer I made at parties and gatherings early in my marriage.  It was all the rage, but has not been popular for awhile.  I started talking about it to my kids. No one seemed very excited about.  While purchasing food at the grocery store I saw the Sourdough bread and could not stop thinking about it.  


I knew I needed frozen spinach, sour cream and mayonnaise.  I also knew I made this with a Knorr soup mix, but I had not seen it for years.  I always purchased many boxes of the soup and kept them in my pantry.  Like I said, that was years ago. 

Well, as you can see, I found it and I bought several packages. 

EVERYONE LOVED IT!