Meat Queso

 






The best tasting, easiest appetizer you will ever make!  Meat Queso is one pound of cooked hamburger with one pound of Velveeta cheese cut into cubes on top.  Then pour 16 oz. of Medium Pace Picante Sauce over everything.
  

Slowly warm up all ingredients in a skillet on a back burner while you are fixing everything else for your party.   Or put it in a slow cooker on low for three hours before your party starts.  Either way, this will be the hit of your party!  




How To Make Meat Queso

1.  Brown one pound of ground beef.  To be honest, this is never enough for my family.  I make this recipe with 3 pounds of hamburger, tripling everything.  Everyone loves this and I seriously cannot make enough.  If possible, I like to have some the next day for my lunch, but the problem is, there isn't any.

2. Cut one pound of Velveeta cheese into cubes the size of baby carrots.  This helps everything spread out in the pan so it can melt evenly.  You can make this with real cheese, but it will change the flavor.  If no one likes it, you will know why!

3. Pour in a 16 oz. bottle of Medium Pace Picante Sauce.  You need the heat in the medium Pace Picante Sauce.  The mild flavor will just not do.  I promise you it will not be too hot.  If you use the mild Pace Picante sauce and no one likes it, you will know why!

4. Keep your skillet on very low heat for an hour stirring every 10 minutes.  Putting a lid on the queso will keep it from forming a crust.  You can also put this in a crockpot.  When I triple or quadruple the recipe, I use the crockpot.  I put everything in it and keep it on low.  I check on it every 30 minutes and give it a stir.  If you use a crockpot, put everything in the crockpot three hours before you want to serve it. 

The thing I love about this recipe is everything can be done beforehand.  You do not need to worry about it at the last minute.  That is when everything is crazy for me, as I am trying to get all my other dishes on the table before my guests arrive.

5.  Stir well before serving with tortilla chips.


 Let me know on Instagram or Pinterest if you make this.
  Post a picture and tag me @dinasdiner.  I want to know how it turns out.

Meat Queso

Printer Friendly Copy

1 lb. Ground Beef
1 lb. Velveeta Cheese
16 oz. Medium Pace Picante Sauce

1.  Brown ground beef.
2.  Cut up the Velveeta cheese into cubes and put on top of the beef.
3.  Pour the Pace Picante Sauce on top of cheese.
4.  Keep skillet on very low heat and put a lid on it for an hour.
5.  Stir every 10 minutes and serve with tortilla chips when everything is melted and mixed together.