Turkey Burgers


Looking for a healthy dinner, you have to try these turkey burgers.  Turkey burgers are a family favorite.  My husband LOVES them.  If I want any, I have to mark a plastic container with my name on it and hide it somewhere in the refrigerator. 

These burgers are very low fat, keto and oh-so tasty.  They are my go to food when I am trying to lose a few pounds. Then when I make them, I always say, "Why have I not made these lately?  They are SO good!" 




You can make a salad with these warmed up on top.  You can put them in a sandwich with Swiss cheese and avocados or you can eat them plain.  They are seriously irresistible.  Someone always walks in the kitchen and says, "What smells so good!"

  Seriously, you guys, you have to make these soon!  You will be surprised how easy and delicious they are. 

How to Make Turkey Burgers


1.  When you buy the ground turkey, put it in the freezer.  The burgers cook up so much better when the meat is really cold.  If you have frozen turkey meat, put it in a bowl of hot water and let it sit for 15 minutes.  It will almost be thaw and that is the best time to start forming the burgers.

2.  While the meat is thawing, chop up the onions and jalapeño into very small pieces.  I use my food processor to do this.  


3.  Put everything in a big bowl, meat, onions, jalapeño, egg and salt and pepper.   Use your hands to mix it all together.  I have an allergy to jalapeños, so I always use plastic gloves to mix everything together.

4.  Get your pan, grill or griddle, or whatever you are using, HOT.  Make sure it has olive oil, vegetable spray or some kind of grease on it.  These stick even greasing your pan so be generous.

5.  Form patties with your hand and place on the griddle.  I used 1/2 cup measuring cup to make the burgers you see in the picture.  For me, this is the perfect size.

6.  Salt and pepper the patties again.  I know! I know!  It sounds like a lot of salt, but I am telling you, the turkey needs it.

7.  When you see a brown edge around the bottom of the burger, flip them over and then salt and pepper them again.  I know!  I know!

8.  The key to getting these burgers cooked well is to cook them on both sides twice.  The last time you flip them, press the spatula down on the patties to "squeeze" out the water.  Do this on both sides.  

9.  Serve on a bed of Romaine lettuce, with tomatoes, cucumbers and avocados.  

10.  Drizzle ranch dressing all over and enjoy!




Let me know on Instagram or Pinterest if you make this.

  Post a picture and tag me @dinasdiner.  I want to know how it turns out.


Turkey Burgers
Printer Friendly Copy

2 lbs. Ground Turkey
1 small Onion
1 Jalapeno
1 Egg
1 1/2 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Pepper

1. Chop onion and jalapeño into very small pieces.
2. Mix all ingredients in a large bowl.
3. Get a skillet, grill or griddle hot.
4. Spray on vegetable oil or use a little olive oil.
5. Form patties with your hand and place on heat.
6. Flip patties when you see a brown edge on bottom.
7. Cook on both sides two times.
8. After burgers are browned on both sides, push down with the back of the spatula.  
9. Water will drain out of the burger.  Do this on both sides. 
10.  Burger should be firm and ready to eat!

Sign up to receive emails and never miss 

another recipe!