Cucumber Dip

 


Cucumber Dip is a great option when you are looking for a healthier chip and dip recipe.  It is made with cottage cheese, cucumbers, a little mayo, onion and garlic salt.  Truth be told, I love this dip because I love cottage cheese.  You will be surprised how good this is.  Make it for your party next week and try it out on your guests!

How To Make Cucumber Dip


1.  Peel an English cucumber and cut it into quarters lengthwise.  

2.  Cut each of the quarters in half one more time. Now you have eight pieces of long cucumber.  Cutting everything up in bite size pieces makes the best appetizers.  Then you are not fighting the dip with the chip.  You do not want everything falling off while you are just trying to get it into your mouth.

3.  Turn the cucumber and cut across it in very small slices.  Now you have the perfect pieces of cucumbers to go in this dip.  You will need 2 cups of diced cucumbers.

4. Dump the cucumbers into a bowl and add the cottage cheese.  I prefer small curd, but most of the time, I buy what is on sale.  Cottage cheese is a go to for me.  It is great with pears, pineapple, cantaloupe, fruit cocktail. You name it, I will try it with cottage cheese. 

This is why I love this dip so much.  Everyone thinks dips should be with mayonnaise and sour cream, but this one works with cottage cheese. I have served this at so many parties. You really have to try it to believe how good it is!

5.  Add the mayonnaise, garlic and onion salt.  I know it sounds like a lot of spices, but cottage cheese can be pretty bland.  Due to the fact there is not much fat it in, these spices really boost the flavor.  
  
6.  Refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight is best.  Sometimes I just have to eat this as a snack right when I make it because my mouth is watering so much.  Letting it sit for a couple of hours really lets all the flavors marry.   The cold of the refrigerator brings it all together in the best possible way.

7.  Serve with a sturdy potato chip.  This dip is a little heavy and needs something with ridges to hold all the goodness.  The last thing you want is broken potato chips stuck in your dip!  It is really good with celery sticks as well.


Let me know on Instagram or Pinterest if you make this.
  Post a picture and tag me @dinasdiner.  I want to know how it turns out.

Cucumber Dip


2 C. Cottage Cheese
2 C. Cucumber
1 tsp. Onion Salt
1 tsp. Garlic Salt
1/3 C. Mayonnaise

1.  Peel cucumber.
2.  Slice into quarters lengthwise.
3.  Turn the cucumber and slice into bite size pieces.
4.  Put cucumbers and cottage cheese in a large bowl.
5.  Add onion and garlic salt and the mayonnaise.
6.  Mix well.
7.  Let sit in the refrigerator for 2 hours or overnight.
8.  Serve with potato chips or celery sticks.