Pomegranate Salad


4 C. Spring Mix Salad Greens
4 C. Baby Spinach Leaves
4 C. Romaine Lettuce leaves
2 C. Pomegranate Seeds
1/2 C. Feta Cheese
1 C. Sugared Pecans, chopped

Seriously, can you get any simpler than this! I am not sure on the amounts of greens. I tend to take handfuls of each of the different types of lettuce until I have enough for what I want. I pour on pomegranate seeds until it looks right and then enough feta until I am satisfied and then throw on the peans. I toss it in the salad dressing recipe below and serve it. This was also served at that big party I was in charge of. Usually, there is always salad left over, but not that night.






Salad Dressing

3/4 C. Red Wine Vinegar
3/4 C. Sugar
1 tsp. Dry Mustard
1 tsp. Salt
1 1/2 C. Salad Oil (Canola Oil)

Mix vinegar and sugar in blender. Add mustard and salt. Add oil to vinegar mixture as blender is going in a very thin line to emulsify. You will find your salad dressing does not separate as much when you take the time to drizzle your oil.

Cinnamon Sugar Pecans

I made these differently last time I made them and I really liked them. I placed 1 cup of sugar in a fry pan and then added 1/4 - 1/2 cup of water. I brought this to a boil and let it simmer until it was a little thicker. I added the probably 1- 1 1/2 cups of pecans and then dusted them with cinnamon. I then tossed it all together, still cooking it, until the sugar and water were dry and stuck on the pecans.

Pour the cooked pecans on a plate and let cool. They will be one solid mass, so you will need to break them apart and then cut them up. I do not like to cut the pecans before I cook them because they get too done for my taste.