Dinner Rolls



2 Cups Water (105 to 120 Degrees)
2 Tbsp. Dry Yeast
1 tsp. Sugar
1 Cup Margarine (Blue Bonnet)
4 Eggs
1/2 C. Sugar
1-2 tsp. Salt
7- 8 C. Flour, Bread not all purpose

Put all four eggs in the blender and blend while you are doing the next two steps.

Step 1: Fill a 2 cup measuring cup with hot tap water. I use a thermometer to measure the temperature of my water every time I make bread. If the water is too cold (under 105 degrees) the yeast will not activate. If the water is too hot (over 120 degrees, the yeast will burn up and not work).

Sprinkle the yeast over the top of the water and then sprinkle on the 1/2 tsp. of sugar. Stir with a fork until all yeast is wet. (The sugar helps the yeast to active.)

Step 2: While yeast is activating, put the two cubes of margarine in a microwave safe bowl and microwave until just melted.

Now add 1/2 C. Sugar to the eggs that have been beaten for the last four minutes or so. Beat well and then gradually add the warm margarine to the egg mixture. (Very, slowly, you do not want to "cook" your eggs with the warm oil).

For those of you who like to use butter, I say go ahead. I find that my rolls are not as light, but some can really tell the difference in taste. I brush mine when they come out of the oven with butter. I think it makes them taste great and they are still light.

After you have mixed in the margarine, add one cup of flour, sprinkling in the flour a little at a time. Add another cup of flour and then add the salt. Now mix in the yeast mixture and continue adding two more cups of flour. At this point, take out your beaters in your mixture and add your dough hook. Continue adding flour until the dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl.


I like my dough a little sticky. I stop adding flour when there is just a little dough still sticking to the bowl. At this point. Find a large bowl and spray it with cooking spray. Take out your dough from your mixture and put it in the bowl. Cover with Saran wrap that you have also sprayed with cooking spray. Put the sprayed side down so when the dough rises and touches the saran wrap it will not stick.

Let dough sit in a warm place for two hours. After the dough has doubled in size, (Seriously, what does that mean? How can you tell? I just look to see if it is quite a bit bigger than when I left it. :) I punch it down and divide the dough into four equal parts or balls.

Take one ball of dough and roll it out until it is about 16 inches in diameter. Cut the circle into four parts. Then cut those four parts in half until you eight pieces and then cut those eight pieces in half. Now you should have 16 equal pieces. Roll them up fat side on the inside of the roll and the little point on the outside. Place the rolls on a greased cookie sheet, point side underneath.

Place Saran wrap over the tray when you get it filled and let rise for two hours. Bake at 350 degrees for 12- 15 minutes until they are as brown as you like. My husband likes them doughy. I like them more brown on top. Brush with softened butter after they have been out of the oven for 3-4 minutes. ENJOY!