Kneader's Broccoli Salad

Somewhere in my head, I think if I eat fruit and vegetables, no matter what is on them, it is somehow better than a chocolate cake. I am not sure of the calorie count, but I know I love it.

Kneader's Broccoli Salad

4 C. Broccoli (or more)
1 C. Red Grapes
6 Strips of Bacon 
1/2 C. Craisins
1/4 C. Sunflower Seeds
3/4 C. Mayonnaise
1/3 C. Sugar
1 1/2 Tbsp. White Vinegar
 
Cut bacon into small pieces and fry in a fry pan.  (I feel it renders more fat and makes the dish lighter in calories.)  Set aside.  Cut broccoli into small bite size pieces.   Place in a large bowl. (You can always add more or less of any item to make it more suited to your taste.)  

Cut grapes in halves or in quarters depending on your liking.  I do halves as you can see in the picture.  Add to broccoli.  Add the bacon, craisins and sunflower seeds to bowl.  

In another bowl, mix mayo, sugar and vinegar.  Pour over the broccoli mixture in your other bowl.  Refrigerate for an hour or so before serving. It really is the best once it has a chance to sit for about 24 hours.  I often make it and eat right away so no worries.