Tamatillo Dressing

CREAMY TOMATILLO DRESSING


1 Buttermilk Ranch Dressing Packet (Hidden Valley Ranch Brand Recommended)
1/2 C. Buttermilk
1/2 C. Sour Cream
1 C. Mayonnaise
2 Tomatillos
1/2 Bunch Cilantro
1-3 Cloves Garlic
1 Lime, juice of
1 Jalapeno

Husk the tomatillos and slice them. Take out the ribs and seeds of the Jalapeno and slice. (Be careful! I always forget to really wash my hands well after slicing jalapenos and then I touch my eyes or something and WOW, that hurts.). Cut up the cilantro into small pieces.

Put all ingredients, except cilantro, in a blender or food processor and blend until well mixed. Add the cilantro to blender and give it a little burst of power. Just enough to mix in the cilantro and still leave little flecks of green in the dressing.


Serve on Tortillas with a little melted cheese, black or pinto beans, chopped lettuce, sour cream, gucamole and thin fried tortilla strips.

I often will heat up small Tortillas, heap on some rice, then beans and then meat. I drizzle a small line of Salad Dressing down the middle and then fold like a burrito. Delicious!