Buffalo Chicken Salad



Frank's Red Hot Sauce is a staple at my house.  Everyone loves chicken wings baked in the oven and then dunked in this wonderful sauce.

One day, I thought, "Why not make a salad out of the same ingredients?"  I loaded up a plate with beautiful, crisp Romaine lettuce, piled on some roasted chicken, added matchstick carrots and diced celery and then topped it with Blue Cheese crumbles.



Now what to do for dressing?  Ranch dressing for sure, but how to get the Frank's Red Hot Sauce on the salad.  The salad recipe I like most is one part vinegar, one part sugar and 2 parts oil.  Using the Frank's Hot Sauce as my one part vinegar, I made the most divine sauce and now this salad is one of my favorites!  

The way these flavors come together is mouth watering.  My friend, Holly, refers to Frank's Red Hot Sauce as  Man Catcher Sauce.  I agree! 

After eating this salad for the first time, my oldest son, Rob, said, "I could eat this everyday!" Make the boys, and the girls, in your house happy today by serving up Buffalo Chicken Salad!


How to Make
Buffalo Chicken Salad 


1.  Cut the Romain lettuce across the short side of the lettuce head.



2.  Then cut lengthwise down the center of the head of lettuce.



3.  Then cut each of those halves in half again.  Now you have perfect bite size pieces of lettuce for the base of your salad.  I really love it when my salad is already cut up and ready to eat.  



4.  Pile on the roasted chicken.

5.  Peel the carrots and grate them on a cheese grater or slice them up matchstick style and sprinkle those on.

6.  Slice the celery into small pieces and then spread those around on top of the carrots.

7.  Use your fingers to break up the chunks of Blue Cheese and spread those around to make the salad look pretty.

8.  Drizzle on ranch dressing.  I like to put the salad dressing in a plastic squeeze bottle.  It makes for easy placement of the salad dressing.

9.  Drizzle on the Frank's Red Hot Sauce Dressing.   I like to put the salad dressing in a plastic squeeze bottle.  The straight, thin lines of the ranch and red dressings makes me so happy.

Let me know on Instagram or Pinterest if you make this.  Post a picture and tag me @dinasdiner.  I want to know how it turns out.



Buffalo Chicken Salad
Printer Friendly Copy
4 C. Romaine Lettuce
1 C. Roasted Chicken
1/2 C. Carrots
1/2 C. Celery
1/4 C. Blue Cheese Crumbles
1/2 C. Frank's Hot Sauce Dressing (recipe below)
1/2 C. Ranch Dressing
1.  Cut Romaine lettuce into small pieces.
2.  Shred the chicken and place on lettuce.
3.  Peel carrots and grate or use matchstick carrots
4.  Slice celery into very small pieces.
5.  Sprinkle on Blue Cheese crumbles.
6.  Spoon on Ranch Dressing
7.  Spoon on Frank's Red Hot Sauce Dressing

Frank's Red Hot Sauce Dressing
1/4 C. Frank's Red Hot Sauce
1/4 C. Sugar
1/2 tsp. Ground Mustard
1/2 tsp. Salt
1/2 C. Canola Oil


1.  Put hot sauce and sugar in blender. 
2.  Add mustard and salt.  
3.  Mix until well blended.  
4.  Add oil through the lid as a small stream until well incorporated.


Sign up to receive emails each week and never miss another recipe!