Brownie Cookies

Brownie Cookies
I love to bake, but things do not always go well.  I made these cookies for the first time and somehow, I read there needed to be 4 cups of flour.  I doubled it and was thinking I needed 8 cups of flour.  Luckily, I only added 4 cups flour with all baking powder and cocoa powder added to it.  The dough was like a paste.  I went ahead and baked them, but they looked like hockey pucks.  Luckily, they kind of tasted good and we ate them. all  Wanting to see if could make them correct, I tried again with only 1 C of flour per recipe. I make plenty of mistakes when I cook, I am just willing to try it again.


Brownie Cookies

1/2 C. Butter
1 C. Semisweet Chocolate Chips
2 eggs
3/4 C.  Granulated Sugar
1/2 C. Brown Sugar
1 C. Flour
1 tsp. Baking Powder
1/2 tsp. Salt
3 Tbsp. Cocoa Powder
3/4 C. Chocolate Chips

Melt 1/2 cup butter and 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips in the microwave.  Cook on high for 1 minute at a time.  Take it out of the microwave and stir after each minute.  While melting butter and chocolate, beat eggs and sugars for 4-6 minutes until nice and light.  Add melted butter and chocolate chip mixture to egg mixture.  Beat for several minutes while you are putting together your dry ingredients.  Scrape the sides and gradually add the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt.  Once flour mixture is incorporated, add chocolate chips.  

Use an ice cream scoop and place cookie dough mounds on a greased cookie sheet.  Bake at 350 degrees for 12 minutes.  I baked one tray for 11 minutes and the rest at 12 minutes in my oven.  The 11 minute cookies were gooeyier.  Is this even a word?  The 12 minute cookies definitely had the consistency of a brownie more than the 11 minute cookies.

If you like chocolate like my son, Mark, these are the cookies for you.  My daughter, Cari, who is my brownie lover, loved them too.  I might have a chocolate problem.  My last three out of six posts have been chocolate!