Jalapeno Pepper Jelly

Jalapeño Pepper Jelly





My son told me his friend had brought and amazing appetizer to a work for a potluck meal.  His friend gave him the recipe and he went home and made it.  Then he brought it over to my house.  As I was eating it, I could not believe how wonderful it was.  I asked him for the recipe and he wrote it down.  






After thinking about it, I realized I looked at this recipe a thousand times while looking up recipes in one of my favorite church cookbook.  It was so good, I made a batch and put all eight jars it in my refrigerator for the past six months or so pulling it out when I need a quick appetizer or snack.





Jalapeno Pepper Jelly

Printer Friendly Recipe


1 C. Green Bell Peppers, diced
1/4 C. Jalapeños, diced
1 package Canning Pectin
1/2 C. Red Bell Pepper, diced
1 1/4 C. Cider Vinegar
6 C. Sugar
1 Pkg. Cream Cheese
1 Pkg. Crackers 

Place green bell peppers and jalapeños in a blender with 1/2 cup of the vinegar.  Blend until smooth.  Pour mixture into a 4 quart saucepan; add rest of vinegar.  Stir in diced red bell peppers and sugar.  Bring to a hard boil.  Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes.  Skim foam and then sprinkle on dry pectin.  Stir until well blended.  Pour immediately into sterilized jars.

I used 8 oz. jars and I think I had about 7 jars full.  Put lids on them and keep in your refrigerator unless you seal the lids and then you can keep them on your shelf.


Pour over 8 oz. of cream cheese and serve with Wheat Thins.