Oh My Achin' Back

 Oh My Achin' Back (Gooey Cake Bars)

Early in my baking career, it was all about collecting GREAT recipes.  This is one of those.  I was at a work party and these were served.  I loved them from the moment I ate them.  They are filled with butter, egg, cream cheese and powdered sugar.  

After receiving the recipe, at the next family get together, I took them over to my in-laws.  Everyone loved them.  My father-in-law asked what was in them.  When I told him, he said, "Oh My Achin' Back".  The name stuck!




1 Pkg. Yellow Cake Mix                      8 oz. Cream Cheese

1/2 C. Butter                                   1 Lb. Powdered Sugar  (4 cups)

2 Eggs                                            2 Eggs


Melt butter and mix with cake mix and 2 eggs.  The dough will be very heavy.  Placed in a greased 9 x 13 pan.  Use your fingers to spread out over the pan.  I often use a  piece of plastic wrap, just a bit bigger than my dish, and place it on top of the dough and use it to smooth it out.

Cream the cream cheese and powdered sugar until nice and smooth.  Add eggs one at a time.  Beat until well mixed.  Pour over the dough and bake for 35-40 minutes at 350°. These are basically cheese cake bars.  They need to be brown on top.  Take out of the oven and cool completely, then refrigerate.  The colder they are the better they will come out of the pan.


ENJOY!!