Cranberry Salsa Appetizer

 


Tis the season for beautiful cranberry salsa.  I love cranberries and when they start showing up in stores in November, I buy 4-5 bags.  So many times, I have gone to buy cranberries in December and the store is out of stock, for the SEASON.  I have learned my lesson!  





I have so many wonderful things I love to make with cranberries.  This salsa recipe with jalapeños, cumin, garlic salt and cilantro is one of my favorite appetizers during the holidays.    This is a BIG hit whenever I take it  to a party!  People just keep raving about it bite after bite!  

How to Make 
 Cranberry Salsa Appetizer


1.  Put the 12 oz. bag of cranberries in a food processor.  

2.  Cut up the jalapeño into chunks and put in the food processor with the cranberries.

3.   Wash the cilantro, pat dry in a paper towel, then place in the food processor.

3.  Push the pulse button until the cranberries are very small.  Remember you are eating this on chips so you want the pieces to be bitesize.

4.  Pour this mixture into a bowl and add the garlic salt, cumin and sugar.  Mix with a spoon so spices are evenly distributed.

5.  Put this in the refrigerator overnight. This recipe needs to be made an hour or two before you want to serve it so the cranberries can macerate in sugar.  The sugar breaks down the cranberries and they begin to release their natural juices.  The cranberries create a a deep, rich, crimson color.  It makes a perfect, festive appetizer during the holidays with the small green flecks of cilantro and jalapeño.





Let me know on Instagram or Pinterest if you make this.  Post a picture and then tag me @dinasdiner.  I want to know how it turns out.


Cranberry Salsa Appetizer

12 oz. Fresh Cranberries
1 Jalapeño
1/2 Bunch of Cilantro
1/4 tsp. Garlic Salt
1/2 tsp. Cumin
1/2 C. Sugar
8 oz. cream cheese
Tortilla chips

1.  Put the 12 oz. bag of cranberries in a food processor.  
2.  Cut up the jalapeño into chunks and put in the food processor with
     the cranberries.
3.  Push the pulse button until the cranberries are very small. 
4.  Pour this mixture into a bowl and add the garlic salt, cumin and sugar. 
5.  Put this in the refrigerator overnight.
6.  When you are ready to serve, place the cranberry mixture on the cream cheese with tortilla chips.